- Prebookable appointments are available 1-20 days in advance and can be booked by telephone, online or face to face in the surgery
- Same day appointments are released at 8am each weekday and can also be booked by telephone, online or face to face in the surgery
If you call up on the day you may be given a telephone appointment with the on call doctor, if the doctor decides you need to be seen urgently you will be given an appointment on the day.
To avoid waiting on the telephone you can use online services to book appointments, please come to reception with photo ID in order to sign up.
If you wish to discuss test results or have medication queries, you can book a telephone appointment with a doctor.
Practice Nurse Appointments
Appointments with the nurse practitioner, practice nurse and healthcare assistant are available for a wide range of conditions and these can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance. Some are also available on the day. Please tell the receptionist what service you require when you book your appointment as this will allow us to allocate the correct appointment for you. Services include:
- Blood tests, blood pressure checks and urine testing
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Warfarin monitoring
- Glucose tolerance testing
- Ear syringing
- Chronic disease management
- Minor injuries and minor illness management
- Removal of sutures/clips after an operation
Sometimes it is necessary for the doctor or nurse to perform an internal examination. In accordance with current guide-lines you may be asked if you would feel more comfortable with a chaperone present for such an examination. In the event that the doctor or nurse forgets to ask you please do not hesitate or be embarrassed to ask for a chaperone if you would like one. We understand the reasons for such requests and will always provide a chaperone for those patients who want them. Occasionally this might mean a short delay in performing the examination.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.